SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) is an integrated environment for accessing, configuring, managing, administering, and developing all components of SQL Server. SSMS combines a broad group of graphical tools with a number of rich script editors to provide developers and administrators of all skill levels access to SQL Server.
Microsoft has announced the latest preview of SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) this month. This new release includes all updates included in the November release, with features improvements and bug fixes to many components including Showplan comparison, the SSMS results tab, the Extended Events session wizard, and many other changes.
Get it here:
Download – The version number for the latest preview is 13.0.900.73
New in this release
- Improvements to Showplan comparison to enable comparison of the current query execution plan with one saved in a file.
- Improved IntelliSense support for inline columnstore indexes in SSMS.
- Bug fix in Extended Events session wizard to enable selection of templates when connected to an Azure V12 server.
- New tab-stops in the “Create Audit” and “New Login” dialogs under the Security folder to enable easier keyboard navigation.
- Bug fix to enable functionality to “Switch to results tab after query execution” if SSMS is set to display results in grid format.
- Bug fix to display un-truncated column headers if SSMS is set to display results in grid format.
- Bug fixes to allow proper installation of SSMS web installer.