With the recent Microsoft event, we know that there will be many new features coming from Microsoft’s flagship operating system in the upcoming Windows refresh. The free Windows 10 Creators Update will arrive on all Windows 10 devices in Spring 2017. This is a list of the top 5 best things about the new Windows:
- Office Apps Supporting 3D – In a Microsoft demo, they showed 3D objects being dropped into a PowerPoint presentation. They spun the objects and and moved from slide to slide at amazing speeds.
- Virtual Reality – While Microsoft still have the HoloLens for augmented reality, they also have hardware partners like Lenovo, Asus, Acer, HP, and Dell making VR headsets for bringing 3D experiences to Windows. With pricing that starts at $300, we may be seeing VR going mainstream.
- Built-in Sharing – Windows will allow you to instantly send content it to all of the important people in your contacts (that group of friends and coworkers in the toolbar at the bottom of the screen Windows 10, with just a few clicks.
- Paint 3D – A new version of the classic Paint app that allows you to build virtual models from 2D images. Using existing photographs, by creating new images with the Surface Pen, or scanning a real life object with your smartphone’s camera you can import 3D images into Paint 3D and save them for use in other tools or print them out to your 3D printer.
- Free – All the updates and improvements will be free to existing Windows 10 users.