Everyone makes mistakes, but some mistakes can be huge. If you are a database administrator (DBA) you can’t afford to make mistakes. In this article by Yaniv Yehuda we learn about his list of the top 5 mistakes, and how to avoid them.
- Don’t forget test your backups!
- Not being careful about security access restrictions can be costly!
- Don’t overlook consistent maintenance of your database!
- Don’t wait until your system is having issues to start monitoring database activity levels and workloads!
- Don’t disable page verifications!
You can read the details here.