Being a Database Administrator (DBA) is a tough job, and knowing what responsibilities are involved before you commit to that career can be very important.
In this article by
- General database management.
- Data modeling and database design.
- Metadata management and repository usage.
- Database schema creation and management.
- Capacity planning.
- Programming and development.
- SQL code reviews and walk-throughs.
- Performance management and tuning.
- Ensuring availability.
- Data movement.
- Backup and recovery.
- Ensuring data integrity.
- Procedural skills.
- Extensible data type administration.
- Data security.
- Database auditing.
- General systems management and networking skills.
- Business knowledge.
- Data archiving.
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP).
- Web-specific technology expertise.
- Storage management techniques.