SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) is an integrated environment for accessing, configuring, managing, administering, and developing all components of SQL Server. SSMS combines a broad group of graphical tools with a number of rich script editors to provide developers and administrators of all skill levels access to SQL Server.
Microsoft has announced the latest release of SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) in May. This release features improved compatibility with previous versions of SQL Server, a stand-alone web installer, and toast notifications within SSMS when new releases become available.
Get it here:
Download – The version number for the latest release is 14.0.17099.0
New in this release
- Over 100 connect issues fixed
- SQL Server PowerShell module moved out of SSMS and into the PowerShell gallery
- Icons updated to support high-DPI display modes
- Numerous performance improvements in Object Explorer
- WSUS support for upgrading to future 17.X versions
- Improved Multi-factor authentication support
- Enhancements to Availability Group functionality (Support for SQL Server on Linux, direct seeding, endpoint URL handling, and more)
- Showplan enhancements including new feature to analyze actual existing showplan to help diagnose issues
- New DAX Query Windows
- Numerous other enhancements for Power Query support