My name is Troy Blake and I work for Books-A-Million in Franklin, Tennessee as a technology professional.I have experience with enterprise architecture, software development, networking, database administration, compliance monitoring, project planning, and technical team management. I have been involved in the field of information technology for about 20 years.
I am involved in my local community with attendance in the local SQL Server Users Group, as well as the Agile Users Group meetings. I belong to multiple online technology groups and attend numerous in-person and virtual conferences on the subjects of development, network security, database administration, PCI compliance, and project management.
- Operating Systems: Windows NT/2000/2008/2008 R2/2012, Windows 10/8/8.1/7/XP, MacOS, Linux
- Languages: Visual Basic.NET, C#, PHP, ASP.NET, XML, HTML, Transact-SQL, VB 6.0
- Databases: Microsoft SQL Server (2000, 2005, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012) / SSMS / SSIS / SSRS / DTS Packages, IBM DB2, Microsoft Access, Apache Hadoop
- Reporting Tools: Crystal Reports (8.0 / 8.5 / 9.0 / 11.0), Microsoft Excel, SSRS, Active Reports, Microstrategy Narrowcast, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, Smartsheet, and text messaging.
- Technology: VMware, Active Directory, DHCP, Cisco ASA, Meraki Endpoints, Nessus Professional, Nmap, RSA Two-Factor Authentication, Microsoft WSUS, McAfee ePolicy/Anti-Virus, Sophos Anti-Virus, Websense web and spam filter, Remedy SDE, Visitor Management System, ITIL Service Delivery and Support, AWS/Azure, DNS, Symantec Backup Exec, Compeat Enterprise, and Microsoft Exchange
- Skills: PCI and SOX Compliance, SDLC and Agile Project Management, Customer Service, Team Leadership, and Process Improvement
About this Blog
I will use this blog primarily to discuss Microsoft SQL Server database and technology related topics of interest to technology professionals, including developers, database administrators, users accessing databases though client applications, etc. I’ll also touch on the subjects of project management, leadership, cybersecurity, the internet, and technology in general.
My goal is to post information that I have found useful, providing links when possible, so that users of this blog can access the information as quickly and as easily as possible.
This blog is a personal blog written, edited, and owned by me. This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept free products, evaluation copies of software, books, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.
The owner of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites, and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely mine. I will only endorse products or services that I believe, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
Any code or solutions offered from this blog should never be implemented into a production or live environment without being extensively tested in a non-production environment first. The user assumes all responsibility after downloading any content. All copyrights are the property of the respective owners.
The opinions stated here are my own, and not necessarily those of my employer (or anyone else).
You can contact me using the comments section of this blog, or email me at SeniorDBABlog@yahoo.com